Thursday, February 14, 2013

Early Childhood Education

Brayden had his early childhood education screening today.

He did a really good job.  He talked to the adults and played all of the games and when another little guy was in the room, he didn't hesitate to ask him if he wanted to play a game with him.  I just told him where I would be waiting for him, and then he was just fine to go to other parts of the room for his "games".

All of the testers were very happy with his abilities!  Actually, the teacher who gave me the final report had a lot to say about how smart he is.  That actually, she felt like she was the one who was being tested.  When they got to the stuff that we have worked on at home like letters and colors.  Brayden got some of the letters wrong, but he would say the wrong answer and then look at her like "go ahead, I know the right answer, but I want to know what you have to say about this".  She recognized that in him right away because when she was teaching in a classroom, those students were always her favorite.  I told her how that was about how thing were going at home and she explained that I just wasn't challenging him enough and that he would do that at school too, so I would need to work with his teachers to recognize that there as well.  It made me laugh out loud that he didn't just "challenge" me at home.  It surprised me quite a bit that he would actually do that with someone else!

The things we need to work on rhyming and alliteration, and apparently challenging the little stinker!  :)

No comments: