Thursday, September 24, 2015

Our middle one.  He is getting big so fast.  He turns five in just two short months.  And I recognize and appreciate his fiercely independent spirit.  It is a beautiful thing to watch.  But he shakes off the hand I can only get him to hold when we cross the street three quarters of the way across.   I can’t walk this independent soul to his classroom on his tenuous second day of preschool. He did give me a fierce hug when I asked if it was okay and then his classroom assistant encouraged him into his room, let him open the big heavy door by his big, capable self and he disappeared into his own separate life for two and half hours. 

When I got back in the car, my last little one tearfully said “Mama, I want to go to preschool!”  I laughed.  It was funny…because she is never going to preschool.  Well she might, but I am sooo going with her.

No comments: