Tuesday, April 23, 2013

March, 2013

It has been a very busy March.  Easter was this month...I know some other things happened.

The Suggs Family at Easter, 2013

Mostly though, Charlotte's arrival kind of put everything else into the background.  This little baby is so good at making sure she isn't forgotten.  We have been figuring her out slowly but surely.  She makes me realize every day how very, very easy Brayden and Jack were as babies.  I never knew how easy they were.

Mommy and baby...back together!
It took us forever to realize that Charlotte hates poop in her pants.
It took even longer to realize that the iron supplements that I had to take were hurting her little guts as much as they were hurting mine.
Holding Charlotte during a transfusion

When we first got home from the hospital, she was so helpful...she slept 4 and 5 hours at a time.  A month later we are getting back into that swing.  For a little while she wanted to stay up and have a party between 1 and 3 am.  Then I figured out that if I just don't change her diaper or turn on any lights in the middle of the night, she doesn't wake up enough to protest the lack of party going on at that time of day.  It might be the blood loss that is causing me to be so slow to figure her out, but we are getting there!

She knows how to get what she wants...one day at nap time, I desperately wanted to take a nap.  Charlotte was not happy with her bed so I snuggled her in with me.  And I guess I didn't snuggle her close enough, because somehow she wiggled her little self over until her forehead was touching my chin.  And then she fell asleep.  Little stinker...and total heart melter, she is!  I hope I remember that moment forever, it made me so happy.  :)

The boys have really fallen in love with her.  They run for her nuk when she cries.

 Jack, my big helper, throws her dirty diapers in the trash and her dirty clothes in the laundry basket.

Brayden loves to lay on the blanket on the floor with her and let her talk to him or hold her hand.


When she pukes, which happens often, they both run for a puke rag.  They thing puke is called "pukecrap" because she usually pukes and then Jeremiah and I say "Crap!" because we don't have a burp rag.  Ha!

At first Brayden didn't want anything to do with her.

We think we scared his tender little self too much with all the talk of being careful around her and not breaking her...oops!
The rest of the pics are just randomly posted so I could get them in the "remember forever" file.  :)
Charlotte in her matching hat and sweater.


Daddy and Charlotte  :)




Vicky and Holly even came to the hospital to do their midwifery.  BEST MIDWIFES EVER!

Soaking up some sun in the hospital


Jack is SO in love with his baby sister

Grizzly gets to say his first hello to Charlotte

No comments: